Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Well...

I didn't make it to spin this morning. My alarm went off at 4:30, and I decided to sleep in until 5:30 and take the 6:00 a.m. class at Balboa-24 instead. When the alarm went off again, I decided that 7:30 sounded even better that 5:30, so I reset my phone and pulled the covers up tight.

My knee has been bothering me a little bit, too. I managed to make it through our trail run without falling, but totally ate it walking up Julie's stairs on our way to the Pride parade. I have a pretty sweet bruise and some pain on the outer side of my left knee. I figure a morning off will do me some good. I do still plan on going to pilates tonight, though.

I've also noticed the development of what I've learned is called "Runner's Waist." I used be able to maintain a pretty defined set of abs, but since training has started I've noticed that a couple pounds of fat have decided to take up residence on my midsection. I want to get rid of it, but I'd probably end up gnawing off my own arm if I tried to cut calories. I guess I'll have this visitor around until after the marathon is done in October- I just hope it doesn't invite any friends over...

1 comment:

Kat said...

Runners Waist?! I have never heard of this but thrilled that I now know there is a small excuse for a layer of "love" around my mid section.

Thanks!

kp