Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Slight change in schedule

In order to accomdate spin class on Wednesday mornings, I've decided to move my easy midweek 4 miler to Tuesdays instead. Now my training schedule looks like this:

M- 5mi hill workout; upperbody weights; abs
Tu- 4mi easy run; lowerbody weights; abs
W- AM: 60min spin class; upperbody weights/PM: 60min pilates, abs
Th- 6mi speed work; lowerbody weights; abs
F- OFF (I may fill this with yoga)
Sa- Long run day
Su- I want to take another spin class, but it's my only day to sleep in. I'll probably start taking a long walk on the beach.

Today I decided to hit the gym after work. I can do upperbody workouts at home, but lowerbody workouts are best done at the gym because the equipment selection is far superior (sorry dad!). I ended up getting in:

15min on the stairclimber
40min of lowerbody weights
150 crunches
3mi on the TM
15min stretching

I don't think I'll be able to run on the treadmill anymore. It was so. painfully. boring. I felt like a gerble stuck in a wheel! From now on, I'll get my Tuesday & Thursday runs in along the harbor, and then head over to the gym for a lowerbody lifting session.

Bed time for this girl- Wednesday spin class starts at 5:30 a.m.!!

2 comments:

Tauni said...

Holy crap you work out alot.... Maybe I could get rid of my runners waist, ass, and thighs if I held a sched like you :)

Nina said...

If I could actually get through a week of that, I'd be pumped. So far this week I missed spin and weights on Wednesday. C'est la vie.