Monday, July 21, 2008

New Shoes, pt. 3

My podiatrist put me back in my wide toe-box New Balances. I had been running in a pair of 768s without issues, so I headed to RoadRunner on Friday to pick up another pair.

I arrive to find out that:
1. RoadRunner is out of the 768
2. New Balance is discontinuing the 768
3. New Balance will release the 769...
4. ...But not until October

The shoe guy sent me on my way with a pair of 858s. They felt alright in the store; I can wiggle my toes and grip the ground. I'm heading out for another hill workout in 20 minutes, so we'll see what these puppies can do.

I'm really looking forward to triathlon training so my feet can get a break while I'm swimming and cycling!!

1 comment:

soleslide said...

Atleast the 858 looks good. But then, I am yet to see an ugly pair of running shoes :)