Wednesday, August 20, 2008

From the DL to the Sidelines to the Geriatric Center

Sunday morning I got to live out my secret dream of being a cheerleader! Felicia and I woke up at the crack of down to cheer on Tauni and Julie in the America's Finest City Half Marathon. Tauni and Julie actually woke up way before dawn at 4:00 a.m. Word has it they tossed and turned all night, and that Tauni even had a sinus infection going into the race. Hard to believe though, since both of them KICKED BUTT! Seriously. They ran amazing times (Julie in 2:16 and Tauni in 2:49) in the oh-so-typical hot San Diego summer heat. Here we are at the end of the race, after the runners collected their medals:



(my sign is only funny if you visit www.icanhascheezburger.com)

Tuesday I went to my fourth physical therapy appointment. My therapist has begun using low frequency ultrasound waves to help reduce pain. The method, along with his mayofascial (I think that's what it's called, but I could be making that up) technique, is working wonders. The worst part about it is trying to make conversation with the ultrasound technician who has her hands way too close to my lady parts. Of course I would injure a body part that is prone to inducing awkward moments.

I essentially begged my therapist to clear me for walking, and I took advantage of that privilege tonight! I grabbed Robert's old iPod and went on a three mile walk around Tierrasanta while listening to Britney Spears, The Cranberries, the Batman Forever Sountrack and Dashboard Confessional. The kid had some interesting taste...

Other than that, I'm moving into my new apartment this weekend and hopefully wrapping up my personal statement for law school applications! As much as I love living [rent free] with my parents, there's a time in every young woman's life when she realizes the value of having complete and total privacy to walk around her home naked whenever she wants. I can't wait!

No comments: