Friday, September 12, 2008

Still alive, I swear!

Apologies for not updating! I've moved into a new apartment, so I've been dealing with new-apartment type things.

Physical therapy is going well. Actually, I haven't been in 3 weeks because I can't afford the $85.00/session charge, but I've been spending time on the bike, in the pool and stretching out my hip flexor. I may splurge on a visit in a week or two. I'm feeling much better and have increased my workouts to:

-10min elliptical warm up
-30min stationary bike ride
-10-20min arm bike

I think I'll begin incorporating some lower body weight lifting. I'm also starting to walk to the gym (it's only a mile away), and haven't noticed any ill-effects from that. Looks like a jog is in my near future. :)

3 comments:

SimonSays said...

Nina:

Your blog is totally entertaining. I'm sorry to hear about your recent set back. When your body is ready there will be a marathon waiting for you! Congrats on the new apartment and good luck surviving the law school application process!

SimonSays
(Suzanne)

Chloe said...

I'm in the same boat! I realized yesterday that it's been a MONTH since I updated mine!

Boo to moving. That stinks. But at least you have it over with. Hope PT works well and you don't drink your sorrows away due to law school applications!!

XO CHLOE

Ashley said...

I had the same problem with physical therapy when I hurt my hip...it's so expensive! But you're doing all the right things :) Hope you're running soon!