Monday, May 12, 2008

5/12/08 - Day 1

Today is my first official day of training for the Nike Women's Marathon and fundraising for TNT!

Since it's still so early in the season, I'm not changing my current running schedule too much. After increasing my mileage way too quickly in the beginning of this year (from about 10mpw to 25mpw in only a month!), I've been keeping it pretty low at 10 to 12mpw spread out over 3 to 4 days.

I've been running intervals on the treadmill lately, rotating between fast walk/jog/run/sprint. I think at this point I should focus on my endurance, so I warmed up with a 10 minute jog, and then finished out the rest of my mileage in a sub-10min/mi pace. I felt challenge but not exhausted, so I think I'll stick to that for now. I can't wait to meet up with the coaches and get our training schedule. I'm so new at this type of athletic training- I don't want to go about it the wrong way and do something that will end up being detrimental!

Our long run this week on Saturday, but I have to miss it due to LSAT class. I'll have to get 5 miles in on my own, but luckily it's supposed to be gorgeous all weekend. Getting outside won't be a problem. :)

Thanks for checking in on my progress. I'll try and update more as things get interesting!

No comments: